One of the best ways to place Booby Traps is in between 1.25-1.5 tile walls. When monsters catapult to that location, they will immediately take the entrance (unless the monster is Eye-Ra) and the monsters will be killed in the process. This is extremely useful with Pokey Bombs, Bolt Armies and Project Xs. However it can be countered with defensive monsters (e.g. Crabotron) that will explode the mines or Eye-Ra that will break through walls allowing another route. Another good way to use Booby Traps is with pathing using blocks.
List of Quick Tips
- Use pathing to your advantage. Place Booby Traps where you expect monsters will go.
- Place them near buildings and towers. When monsters destroy the building, they will all be bunched up.
- Place them near important buildings like Silos and Town Halls.
- It is not recommended to place them randomly.
- It is possible to place them in areas where enemies can fling their monsters.
- You have a limited number of Traps, so use them wisely.
- Use booby traps to strategically kill attacking monsters.
- You should place booby traps around silos, your town hall or other buildings that you are sure monsters will want to attack.
(NOTE: When a Slimeattikus step on a Booby Trap, however, they will split into 2(4 if Level 6). But a Level 6 Slimeattikus can still survive until another Booby Trap is triggered.)